1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
I’m Suitonia, I’ve played the game for 10 years now. I’m pretty famous for being a Solo PVPer who makes content on youtube and twitch. I’ve taken part in several wins in the Alliance Tournament, as well as commentating for EVE-NT at both the live venue and streamed tournaments on twitch. I’m currently in GoonSwarm but I’m more of a solo guy who usually just plays with friends in many other alliances, I consider myself a strong part of the solo and small gang community.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who would you best represent within the playerbase?
I think I represent the solo and small gang community, I have great knowledge when it comes to ships, archetypes, fits, balance and mechanics, I was on the T3D focus group and my blogs have been featured and shouted out in CCP devblogs in the past. I am a strong choice for anyone who enjoys creating content, roaming and flying subcapital ships.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
I’ve been really successful in creating feedback and discussion with my blogs and reach in the community when it has come to things such as T3Ds, HIC scrams, OGB balance etc. I know how to present and argue ideas that have been picked up by CCP in the past. I want to be able to take player feedback and turn that into useful discourse for CCP. A lot of my content has focused around low SP fits, Alpha accounts and low ISK fits so I also understand the limitations that our new players and F2P players face.
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
I feel like my content and discourse has helped improve the game in a big way (OGB removal, T3D rebalance), I love eve and it’s my passion and being on the CSM would allow me to better communicate with CCP and make the game better for everyone.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
This is the first time I’m running for CSM.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
Unlike other candidates, I’ve already made noticeable changes to eve without being on the CSM. I don’t need to get onto the CSM first to start making positive changes in eve, I’ll always be here, improving the game we all love until the servers go down.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
I’ve worked in Administration and Reception roles for charities in the past. And some minor marketing experience. I know how to take data and present it in eye catching ways.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
Most likely Wormholes, I’ve lived in a C2 with a Null & C5 static before with Furnace (A Wormhole roaming alliance) but that was almost entirely for PVP, but I’ve never really done PVE in wormhole space, or any industry involving T3 ships or Wormhole Industry.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time - what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
I’d like to see Factional Warfare get a major overhaul. Connect the CalGal Warzone to the MinAmarr Warzone with gates, Tier rewards rebalance, Timer Rollbacks, 1v1v1v1 instead of 2v2, Non-FW lowsec to get old static plexes back + Remnant ABC asteroid belts. Make ratting in nullsec belts worthwhile again.
10. If you could wind back the clock - what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
I would remove the escalation increase that happened in winter 2015. Pirate BPCs are dirt cheap now and everywhere.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
It’s hard to pick one, there are so many good candidates this year. I’ll give you a few I’d like to see
Jin’Taan - Even though he’s part of Proviblock he has very balanced views, a Candidate with good nullsec background, but not completely ignorant of Solo/Small Gang/Lowsec/Highsec or other areas of the game like many other nullsec candidates.
Vic Jefferson - He Impressed me in interviews, someone who is good at looking at an argument from all sides and weighing up many different options + playstyles.
Rhiload - His meme platform overshadows someone who is very passionate about the game and has a decent background of solo/small gang knowledge
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
Solo PVPing in Querious in 2015 against the old fightclub, it was so much fun when Brave, Horde and PFR shared the region, fights to be had everywhere!
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
If you want to talk with me, you can me an evemail ingame to my character, Suitonia. You can also tweet me @suitonia . I stream very often, usually 2-3 times a week at 23:00 evetime until about 02:00 evetime, if you catch me live you can ask me questions in my stream! twitch.tv/suitonia I’m also on slack, Suitonia, or you can add me to Discord. Suitonia#9514
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform - where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
Suitonia.Wordpress.com is my blog.
15. What is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
I love eve online, and it would be an honour and a pleasure if you would vote for me. So I can take my passion for the game to the next level and serve you as a member of the CSM.