Summoning up the true spirit of the community, Dreddit pilot Yolo Swagtron will be embarking on a twenty-four hour EVE stream this Saturday in support of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
With mental health awareness growing in prominence, even small community events like this can make a difference. Both CCP and the wider EVE community has shown that it cares about causes like this through groups like #broadcast4reps and fund-raising at events such as EVE Down Under.
In his EVE Subreddit post Yolo writes:
Hello /r/eve not-a-community,
This Saturday I'll be doing another not-a-community event: streaming and playing EVE Online for twenty four hours straight. The goal is to raise at least $500 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Mental health issues and suicide have had a large impact on my personal life. A lot of people in the small, tight-knit EVE streamer community are doing the 24-hour stream thing, and I thought I'd do one for a cause that I really care about on a personal level.
I'll be starting at 10 US Central (16:00 EVE).
Some amazing things you'll get to see and hear:
- Top-tier pickup lines.
- 24 hours with New Eden's #1 Ray Romano lookalike.
- Elite Yolo Swagtron solo PvP
- A scientific study on the effects of being a ~big ship~ in Pandemic Legion's staging system.
- Dreddit/TEST comms and sperg as I lead fleets across New Eden.
- A Coalition of the Willing fleet to conquer the evil Goons at VFK once and for all.
- Stories and wisdom from TEST's official Drunk Uncle and executor, Sapporo Jones.
- I'll hand out some ships and other ~space goodies~ to random people every couple hours.
- The words "dreddit is recruiting" about 1,000 times.
My twitch stream is here: twitch.tv/yoloswagtron9000. I'll make another great post here when it kicks off.
And lastly, don't worry: donations are handled through Paypal, and go straight to the charity. I don't see a dime.