With the Council of Stellar Management (CSM) Elections coming up soon we at EVE NT have contacted all the running candidates who have announced their intentions to run and provided them with a standardised interview template. The goal of this is to give each candidate a set of standard questions for them to respond to with the aim of helping you, the voter, to choose a candidate who best represents you and your play style to CCP. The same questions have been asked of every candidate as to allow easier comparison. The responses posted are unedited and will be published in the run up to the opening of the voting period on February the 29th in the order that they have been received.
Today's candidate is Alner Greyl.
1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
Hello! My nickname is Alner Greyl. I came to EVE Online in 2008 first time, sadly i don't remember nickname I used and returned back to the game in 2011. Yeah 5 years. You made a great question about story in Eve Online. So i can't say that I was lucky as a player, but was super lucky as a person because I met amazing people all over the world. Some of them are my friends in real life. In the beginning i was young noob who were running missions in high secs. Month later I was in Red Alliance and was trying to rat sanctums on hurricane. Yup sometimes it was successful. I think i was in war against all power blocks in EVE. It wasn't super hard to get in the epicenter if you were lucky enough. Some wars we won, some we lost. My first big battle in EVE was fight in O2O against NC (2nd fight). So for a young pilot taking part in such even is amazing experience and I fell in love with EVE. I still keep ammo taken from the wreck as a memory. I was in Legion of xDeathx, Protocol 13 and Waffles. It's not a big list but I hate changing corporations and alliances. Right now I?m in Pandemic Legion and i think i?m happy about people here. Love you guys.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who you would best represent within the playerbase?
Oh I have no difference between players in highsec, lowsec, nullsec or wh. Everyone can talk to me about the game or just share a funny joke.Having experience in almost all EVE's features helps to understand everything.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
My main goal in CSM is to make it player friendly and open to public.
1) Develop the options for better communication between CSM members and players. Players should see what they voted for.
2) Create CSM reporting gathered in one place. Players shouldn't spend bunch of time looking for a common and public information.
3) Develop rules and criteria to assess CSM memebers' activity, with members being excluded from CSM for non-compliance.
4) Improve communication between CSM and players.
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
Great question. I found that players have troubles looking for a simple information about what CSM is and what CSM members are doing. That's why I made a bit unusual platform this year. If you want to change something try to begin with yourself. Right?
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
I was a candidate in the CSM 9.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
Limitless patience in listening other people and soft hugs. Ah. yeah great sense of humor too.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
Yeah. I was working in customer support. So this experience gave me a limitless patience and ability to understand what needs to be done.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
I think wormholes. I have experience in flying there but I've never lived there. So can only read what other guys write about living there.
9. If you were offered unlimited development time - what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
First of all - change planetary interaction. It should be amazing epic war on the planet ground. Local fights and tasty smell of the victory.
Great war between capsuleers and factions. Space should be in fire. EVE is a sandbox so why not?
These are just 2 crazy ideas in my head. You can like or hate them. It's up to you.
10. If you could wind back the clock - what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
Aegis sov in it's current state. I can't say that's super bad feature but it's not working as it should be. Hope Citadels will change situation.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
Let me check who promised me ice cream for this question. Joke. To be honest I don't know. All candidates are good guys and they can work in the CSM well.
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
My first titan kill. We were in fleet and were waiting for bait and alarm to jump in. I was in rifter (best ship ever). FC was checking our fleet composition and was angry on guys with drakes. One dude told that we had rifter in fleet. FC: who?. Dude: Alner. FC: That's fine. She is our main dps.
Just a funny story but for a noob in big fleet and killing a first titan in my game life on rifter. Uhhh.
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
Best ways are twitter (@alner_greyl) and in-game mails and chats. Slack is good too :)
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform - where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
My Forum post - Don't forget to like it and share with friends.
15. In short - what is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
Quote from forum: I can't promise you pink unicorns and everything will happen as i wrote in my CSM platform. But I?ll try to make CSM being more public, more friendly for players.
Same as i?m ready to listen everyone who will have time and willing to talk to me.