With the Council of Stellar Management (CSM) Elections coming up soon we at EVE NT have contacted all the running candidates who have announced their intentions to run and provided them with a standardised interview template. The goal of this is to give each candidate a set of standard questions for them to respond to with the aim of helping you, the voter, to choose a candidate who best represents you and your play style to CCP. The same questions have been asked of every candidate as to allow easier comparison. The responses posted are unedited and will be published in the run up to the opening of the voting period on February the 29th in the order that they have been received.
Today's candidate is Bait'er De'Outlier.
1. Please start by giving us a short introduction to who you are and your history within EVE Online. Include how long you have been playing and the groups you have been involved with.
Who am I? Retired SFC, have been in Eve for a few years in a small Industry corporation.
2. Who would you consider to be your key constituents? Who you would best represent within the playerbase?
Mainly the residents of hi-sec but everyone would benefit in the long run.
3. Please summarise your platform. (Preferably using key bullet points)
-No more nerfing!
-Roll back as many of the nerfs of the last several years.
-Hi-sec does not equal Safe-sec, nor should it ever.
-let's tweak the war dec and bounty mechanics to make them both much more useful tools for the players to use.
4. Why have you decided to run for CSM this year?
To much continued nerfing and wanting to represent hi-sec.
5. Have you run for or been a member of CSM in the past? If so please list each year and if you were elected.
Ran last year, did not get in.
6. What makes you a unique representative when you compare yourself to other candidates?
Not a nul-sec person nor endorsed by a nul-sec alliance. Primarily intersted in helping to create a much more interesting player experience in hi-sec and enhance gameplay throughout the game.
7. Do you have any out of game experience and skills that make you a good candidate?
Yes, most of them stem from a combination of many years in the U.S. Military as well as being an independent film producer/director/writer/actor and many other endeavors.
8. What areas of EVE are you weakest at knowledge wise?
9. If you were offered unlimited development time - what's the biggest change you would lobby for in EVE?
Tweaking the wardec mechanics into something not so easy to dodge.
10. If you could wind back the clock - what feature or change would you remove from EVE?
Not making Concord invincible magical anti-player hammers.
11. If you could pick one candidate to be elected with you who would they be and why?
Tora Bushido, because wtf not?
12. What is your favorite memory in EVE and why?
Not dying when expected. Because not dying is much, much preferable to dying.
13. What platform(s) do you use currently to engage with the wider player base? If someone wanted to contact you what is the best way to do this? (Include Twitter/Emails/Skype/Slack etc.)
Evemail or local chat in Eve. Ingame I'm fairly accessible.
14. If people wanted to find out more about your platform - where is the best place to do so? (Include blogs, forums posts and podcasts)
There is the CSM thread entry as well as this podcast interview.
15. In short - what is your closing statement (no more than 500 words please!)
A vote for Bait is a vote you won't waste!